What is Mepilex and When to use it?
Mepilex® Absorbent Foam Dressing is indicated for exuding wounds and wounds with compromised or fragile periwound skin, featuring Safetac® technology. Can be used under compression.
Mepilex® absorbent foam dressing is trusted around the world to manage a wide range of chronic and acute wounds. The product is easily conformable and highly absorbent, to effectively manage wound exudate.
Every Mepilex wound dressing includes Safetac® –the original contact layer designed to minimize pain and trauma at dressing change, so you can remove it easily without damaging the skin.1 That means less pain for your patients.2 Safetac also seals the wound margins to protect skin from damaging leakage and maceration. 3
Mepilex may be cut to suit various wound shapes and difficult to dress locations.
- Soft and conformable
- Less pain during dressing changes 2
- Seals wound margin to avoid maceration3
- May be used under compression
• Adheres gently to surrounding skin to free hands for secondary fixation
• Does not adhere to wound bed for less trauma to wound upon removal
• Foam pad conforms to body contours and promotes patient comfort
• May be lifted and adjusted without losing its adherent properties
• Absorbs exudate and minimizes risk of maceration
• May be cut to size of wound
• Easy to apply and remove